Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooking with Big Kids...........




Recently I had the privilege to work with a group of special people. They are called "Special Friends". They told me that their group have been around for 13 years and meet at least once a week.

The reason Little Chefs was involved with this group was because of another special person, Chricket Yule. She helps run the "Special Friends" program" for this group and asked me to come and host a cooking event with her special group of people. Chricket taught both my girls at Station Road Nursery School in Erin, Ontario. She is a an amazing teacher as well!

So "Big Chef" Lori got the chance to have an event with this group and make custom pizzas! Wow, we had fun chopping and organizing all the different topping that everyone had chosen.

Everyone was very much involved and seemed very interested in what I did. I had alot of great helpers ( Allan, Steve, Alistar, Pauline. Trish, Jason etc.. sorry as I do not remember all your names ) It was enjoyable to have the group interact together to prepare for their pizza making. This was a nice change from the usual pizza making party or event with the younger chefs.

All and all I believe everyone enjoyed making their own custom pizza and eating them!! Did not see too many leftovers!! While the pizza's were cooking, fruit was then cut up for some yummy, healthy fruit kabobs with yogurt also for dipping! We had some great chats about healthy eating and snacking at home. I can't wait to get together again over the summer for some more cooking fun!

I hope everyone can have a chance to meet one of these "Special Friends" one day .

Your life will never be the same.

Happy Cooking,

Lori

Little Chefs
Cook Up Some Fun Today!
519-940-1131





No comments: